Saturday 4 December 2010

The view from my window


I woke up early today to discover a beautiful winter morning in Madrid. I haven't really realized until today that I had such a magnificent view of Madrid from the window of my painting-cum-office-room at home. So there I was, took my Nikkon out of the bag and made some pictures.

You can see Madrid's skyline extending east (right) to west (left)..  and  those remarkable four Sauron-type towers erected in the last five years; they will stay forever as a monument to the real-estate bubble bust that have put the economy of this country in great jeopardy...  hopefully they will become a remainder post sign as well for future generations... on how NOT to manage a country's economy that has put 20% of the working population in the dole queue...

Friends in USA, UK and other far away places in the world, if you ever wondered how Madrid looks like, I invite you to enjoy the views from my window. 

3 comments:

  1. Terrific view, love the mountains in the background. Maybe one day I'll have the opportunity to get back to Europe, as I've never been to Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benito, that's a wonderful view. The mountains and the snow look awesome. Madrid's a fantastic city - I've always had a brilliant time whenever I've been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, Funny I did not realised the views before... my wife put some curtains in the room when we bought the flat a few years ago. Yesterday it has been the first time that the laundry lasted more than 1 day and this is how I discovered the view. Anyone Lardie coming here, let me know, I'll take you out to have tapas.

    ReplyDelete