Thursday 8 May 2014

Birthday Present Finally Arrived


A photo of the book I gave to myself for my (recently passed) birthday, that arrived yesterday sent by Amazon. Lee Hadley of Big Lee's Miniature Adventires blog fame brought my attention into it in a recent post commenting several WW II books. 

This a large-size and 600 page-thick tome featuring the trip of the author, Jean Paul Pollard to the North African battlefields in 2011 (from Tunisa to Egypt). Armed with a camera, he spent several months taking photos of the same locations of the contemporary war-era photos. Really interesting and a real must for anyone interested in this was theater.

Excellent and highly recommendable, just enjoying it tonight sitting in my favourite reading sofa and drinking a truly cold beer (summer already arrived to madrid today!)   

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying it, I think its an excellent book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Then & Now books are great additions to the library. Have most of them on WW2, but the this one and the recent publication on Monte Cassino are on the wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really excellent, Benito! Sounds like a great read

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always remember 'The desert rats' film. I watched it when only 12 years old!
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book and very interesting. I like a lot the idea.

    ReplyDelete